Unless you’re living under a rock, you’re aware that Facebook recently made it impossible to view messages without installing a separate app on your phone; Facebook Messenger. For some odd reason, I have not been effected by this but I did manage to find a workaround for those of you who refuse to install a second (or third) app for normal Facebook functions. You can repay me by “liking” my page on Facebook. ; )
Note: This reportedly works on both Android & iOS devices.
- Step 1: Open the official Facebook App.
- Step 2: Go to “Messages” tab.
- Step 3: Click “Install Messenger”
- Step 4 (Important): Cancel the download/install before it finishes.
- Step 5: Enjoy your elongated life without Facebook Messenger.
It’s unsure if Facebook will patch this, or if they even can.